1051 NW 14th St., Suite 165
(UM mail routing R-26)
Miami, FL 33136
Hours: 830am - 500pm, M-F
Help Desk: 305-243-5999
General fax: 305-243-6417
Admin. fax: 305-243-2622
Dedicated technical support services
Some organizations have a high volume of technical support requests and need a different schema for response time than the typical support model. In these circumstances, we provide services on an annual basis that are funded through Information Technology by the requesting department or other entity.
Coverage for technical support calls is still shared by the entire technical support group when required. Organization-specific applications and procedures are handled more effectively in this manner and technical support backup is available when dedicated support staff are out of the office.
Dedicated Technical Support Services
- Creation/management of network accounts and equipment on the network for inventory purposes
- Troubleshooting network connectivity and escalating support internally as needed
- Installation/deployment of standard network applications
- Network/device utilization recommendations
- Hardware and software recommendations
- Administration of specialized departmental applications (some department-funded training may be required)
- Troubleshooting specialized departmental applications
All dedicated technical support staff are hired, trained and supported by IT. The requesting organization funds the salary plus fringe benefits (CFB). There is an additional charge of two percent of the salary total to support the cost of training, communications devices, and administrative and management functions.
Minimum Support Requirements
Minimum funding commitment is 0.5 Full Time Equivalent (FTE) at the Network Specialist 1, 2, 3 or 4 skill set. The Technical Support team can help you determine appropriate skill sets.
Organizations funding only 0.5 FTE must complement another organization's request to generate a total requirement for 1.0 FTE and a minimum of 12 months initial funding, with 6-month increments thereafter. If funding for one half of the FTE is no longer available, the other organization must be notified at least 6 months prior.
If your department has a need for dedicated support, please contact the Technical Support Manager (305-243-6475), TechSupportManager@med.miami.edu) for assistance.