1051 NW 14th St., Suite 165
(UM mail routing R-26)
Miami, FL 33136
Hours: 830am - 500pm, M-F
Help Desk: 305-243-5999
General fax: 305-243-6417
Admin. fax: 305-243-2622
Recycling your computer
Appropriate disposal of old computers is necessary for security and good for the environment. If you have a computer that is at its end of life, refer to the process below.
- The requesting department completes the Equipment Transfers/Surplus form, which can be downloaded from: http://ihs.med.miami.edu/documents/surplus_transfer_form.doc
- The requesting department completes an IDR addressed to Medical Receiving.
- The completed Equipment Transfers/Surplus form and IDR are to be submitted via email to the Surplus Property office at email@example.com.
- A copy of the Equipment Transfers/Surplus form must also be sent to Medical Information Technology via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Medical Information Technology will create an Incident acknowledging receipt of the request. A Medical Information Technology staff member will contact the requesting department to schedule the removal of the hard drives from the surplus devices.
- The computer case will be labeled when the hard drive is removed.
- The removed drive will be degaussed by Medical Information Technology and sent for destruction.
- Medical Information Technology will advise the Surplus Property office that the equipment is ready for pickup.
- The Surplus Property office will contact the requesting department to arrange for pick-up and or disposal by Medical Receiving.