1051 NW 14th St., Suite 165
(UM mail routing R-26)
Miami, FL 33136
Hours: 830am - 500pm, M-F
Help Desk: 305-243-5999
General fax: 305-243-6417
Admin. fax: 305-243-2622
Network access via Internet Service Provider
Remote access to the network is restricted to faculty, staff and students. Third-party access requires specific authorization.
Internet Service Provider (ISP) connection
An Internet Service Provider (ISP) provides access to the Web via "dial-up" (requiring use of a regular telephone connection), or using a broadband connection (using a cable or DSL telephone connection). We strongly recommend broadband for most applications.
You can create a secure connection to the campus network using your regular ISP service, by employing one of the following through a standard Web browser like Internet Explorer:
- Citrix Applications Portal -- secure connection, plus access to various "published" software applications and your personal/shared network directories.
- Secure Gateway -- secure connection via a "client-less" Virtual Private Network (VPN).
- Outlook Web Access (webmail portal) -- secure connection for access to the Exchange email/calendar system only.
- require authentication (proof of identity) to confirm that the remote access is appropriate -- typically, your Medical ID and associated password is used.
- are "secure" in the sense that they rely on encryption techniques to create an effectively interception-proof private connection on top of the open public network known as the Internet.
If you are connecting using an ISP, your first contact should be with its technical service representatives. Our Help Desk will also assist.