1051 NW 14th St., Suite 165
(UM mail routing R-26)
Miami, FL 33136
Hours: 830am - 500pm, M-F
Help Desk: 305-243-5999
General fax: 305-243-6417
Admin. fax: 305-243-2622
Mission, Vision and Objectives
- Provide a "user-friendly" clinical, research and educational computing environment, that is responsive to the needs of the community. Assist each of these in every way possible, by identifying and supporting performance-enhancing, time- and cost-saving, and business-process-optimizing technologies for the Medical Center.
- Provide technology-focused services that increase productivity and enhance computing experiences.
- Provide a reliable, efficient, friendly and easily-accessible organization for information technology and biomedical engineering support and guidance.
Vision: Putting technology to use, where technology is useful.
Objective 1: Help Medical Center faculty, staff and students maximize the value of information technology.
Technology changes at a rapid pace and needs are constantly shifting. While balancing the costs associated with reliability, efficiency and availability of technology, it is our goal to also provide the most useful solutions available.
- Understand and serve the Medical Center's technology needs. Monitor feedback for performance improvement.
- Improve support operations/processes, based on community feedback and Medical Center direction. Track and evaluate support operations using measurable benchmarks and quality assurance techniques.
- Deploy and support the most efficient, cost effective and reliable technologies to meet the Medical Center's computing needs.
Objective 2: Deliver leading-edge information technology and biomedical engineering products, services, support, training and education.
With a diverse range of computing requirements locally and "on-the-go", the Medical Center community needs access to critical data and applications anytime, anywhere. Education and training is critical for safe and appropriate use of these technologies.
- Focus on enhancing productivity through training and education. Meet service level expectations and lower overall cost of technology ownership.
- Develop a collaborative and responsive environment to engage the community.
- Provide continuous improvement to the Medical Center communications and data infrastructures.
Objective 3 & 4: Maintain reliable, up-to-date technological infrastructures and position support organizations to meet changing service demands. Function as a strategic arm of the Medical Center by leveraging new technologies to support strategic goals and business plans.
We provide value by putting the right technologies and level of support services in the Medical Center community's hands. Ensuring those technologies are highly available is a cornerstone of overall business productivity, the ability to treat patients, conduct valuable research and educate the next generation clinical care providers.
- Continue to support, operate and manage information technology applications, databases and communication networks in a reliable and efficient manner. Achieve a minimum of 99.99 percent up-time within supported operations.
- Integrate new technologies and replace obsolete equipment/services to meet an ever-changing environment. Limit risks and any negative impacts to existing systems.
- Adjust support strategies and methodologies to meet changing clinical, academic, research and business computing needs.
For more about the Medical Information Technology groups charged with implementing this mission, see the About Us section.